Sunday, October 23, 2011

Deb Goes to Brunch

A couple of my friends had birthdays so we took them to Sunday brunch at the Hyatt.  Looking at the following pics, and there are a lot, will cause you to be hungry.  You have been warned.

First there was the buffet.  Where you could get as much as you wanted of dessert and seafood and eggs and bacon and baked goods and salads and omg food!
Sushi

Artichoke Salad

Asparagus Salad

Caprisi Salad
Cheese
Fruit
Smoked Salmon
ZOMG OYSTERS!!!!
ZOMG OYSTERS!


More bacon and sausage than you could shake a stick at
ZOMG SHRIMPS!!!!
ZOMG SHRIMPS!

They had these little bottles of tabasco to go with the seafood.  Cute!

Tiny Tabasco

There was a lot of dessert at the buffet.

Moose of various sorts and little cakelet things
Chocolate cake

Close up of the little cakelet thingys
ZOMG CAKE AND PIE!!!!


Some sort of cake or pie


Strawberry cake, I believe


We tried to be good at the buffet

Being good at the buffet

Someone else trying to be good


Not all of us succeeded

Why are the shrimp and the oysters gone?
The shrimp and oysters are gone to make room for the main course, which was cooked to order.  Here we see excess personified with steak, eggs, and corned beef hash.  As if the steak wasn't enough by itself.

Steak, eggs and corned beef hash


Salmon steak.  Wait Rebecca! Stop eating so I can take a picture of your meal.  Yes I'm kind of dangerous with a camera.


Rebecca's salmon steak.  It looked really good.  She seemed to enjoy it.


I got the eggs benedict with crab meat.  It was teh yum.

Eggs benedict with crab meat

Did I mention there was all you can drink mimosas and champagne at this brunch?

Bottomless mimosas

Why is the mimosa gone?  Cuz you drank it fool!

Why is the mimosa gone?
Oh good.  A refill.

Yay mimosas!

The gang's almost all here.  One person was a bit late.  I'm not in the pic cuz I am taking the pic

My wonderful friends.  I love them so much

The gang is now all here.

Rebecca, Laura and Stacia
Stacia strikes a pose

Stacia
And the birthday cake.  Because there hadn't been enough food already.

Totally cool

Last but not least was Flor, our fantastic wait staff person who waited on us hand and food and catered to our every whim. Ok maybe not every but she was definitely cool.  They tacked on the 18% gratuity as is customary for large parties and we tipped her extra over that.  An awesome birthday brunch.

Flor the amazing waitress
The most amazing thing about this was that I didn't take pics of everything.  I tried... oh yes I really tried.  But there were salads and eggs and potatoes and the like at the buffet that did not get pics.  And I didn't get a pic of everyone's entre.  This is a fantastic Sunday brunch and I recommend it to everyone.

1 comment: